Chris Baxter
Chris Baxter, Programmer
Experience:  Java, iOS, VB.net, SQL, C+, C++, Obj C
68869132

I deleted a file. I used winrecover. did not work, I have

Customer Question

I deleted a file. I used winrecover. did not work, I have Norton
Category: Software
Expert:  Chris Baxter replied 8 months ago.
Hello!A few starting questions, first, what windows version are you using? Second, have you backed up the system recently? And third, have you installed anything?
The best method for recovering, is to make a bootable Unix Live CD/DVD, boot from it, and recover the data using the steps outlined at the following website. You may not be able to recover the data if you install Recuva or if you had to install winrecover, because the data could have been written over with the information from the program. When something is deleted, it may sit there until something fills the index it resided in, then it is gone.http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/13706/recover-deleted-files-on-an-ntfs-hard-drive-from-a-ubuntu-live-cd/