IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

Would like to know how to change my canadian store to the

Customer Question

hi would like to know how to change my canadian store to the american store in order to be able to down load a free app from xfinity (comcast).
Category: Software
Expert:  IT Miro replied 8 months ago.
Hello! My name is***** am a certified computer professional who will assist you with the problem you described.Please tell me if you are trying to change stores and download an app using your computer, or your mobile device?I am awaiting your reply.Thanks,IT Miro
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
my cell I 5
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
my cell I 5 as well as possibly my lap top thanks
Expert:  IT Miro replied 8 months ago.
OK. Let me know the app name and I will check how you can download it.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Is there any body there, its been 10 min. waiting for your reply thank : Frank
Expert:  IT Miro replied 8 months ago.
I am still here. Let me know the app name and I will check how you can download it.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
the app is xfinityhome it's for mobile security for a home
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
the app is free
Expert:  IT Miro replied 8 months ago.
Thanks for the information. You get that message when using an Apple ID that has been registered in Canada. Let me know if you have another Apple ID that is registered in the USA?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Do you know if I have to change my store from Canada to US in order to be able to down load this (xfinity home) any other app And how to do it ASAP. thanks Waiting for your reply Frank
Expert:  IT Miro replied 8 months ago.
The "XFINITY Home" app requires an Apple ID with a US address. Since yours is with a Canadian address, you have two options: 1. Use an existing Apple ID registered in Canada and change the country (address) from Canada to USA2. Create a new Apple ID and register it with the USA address You can change the country (address) easily using iTunes on your computer. Start iTunes and click on your name (Apple ID) located in the upper right corner. Select "Account Info". Re-type the password ***** asked and then click on "View Account". When a new window opens, click on "Change Country or Region". There select "United States" and use a US address to complete the change. You can then download the "XFINITY Home" app. Let me know if it worked.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
IT Miro; where are you how long does it take to come up with 1 or 2 solution's to this problem if you are not capable of getting me answer's please refer me to one of your superior's. I am waiting for you or your superior's response thank you Frank.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 8 months ago.
I sent you an answer 10 minutes ago. Here is a copy of it, if you didn't receive it: The "XFINITY Home" app requires an Apple ID with a US address. Since yours is with a Canadian address, you have two options: 1. Use an existing Apple ID registered in Canada and change the country (address) from Canada to USA2. Create a new Apple ID and register it with the USA address You can change the country (address) easily using iTunes on your computer. Start iTunes and click on your name (Apple ID) located in the upper right corner. Select "Account Info". Re-type the password ***** asked and then click on "View Account". When a new window opens, click on "Change Country or Region". There select "United States" and use a US address to complete the change. You can then download the "XFINITY Home" app. Let me know if it worked.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 8 months ago.
Let me know if you received my answer, and if you were able to change the country (address). Thanks,IT Miro
Expert:  IT Miro replied 8 months ago.
Hello again!I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know by sending me a reply below.If you don't require further assistance, please take a moment to rate my assistance by clicking on the stars located in the upper right corner of the page.Thanks,IT Miro
Expert:  IT Miro replied 7 months ago.
Hello!Let me know if you were able to receive my messages.