caraleneK, Software Engineer
Experience:  You one stop software Engineer

Have a few computer questions: 1. I have a Lenovo Thinkpad

Customer Question

Have a few computer questions:
1. I have a Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga Ultrabook. I can't seem to use one of the battery pack chargers I have (that I use for phone and tablet) to charge the thinkpad. Is that not possible at all or is there a portable charger that will charge this computer/tablet (this is the 4 way tablet pc).
2. I have ordered a high end 17 inch laptop customized from HP. It comes with 2 - 2 terrabyte hard drives. I have an older one that is crashing, and the Lenovo. I purchased a 1 terrabyte SSD from BB the other day for a steal of $200.
3. My question is: should I put the SSD drive in the new computer (not here yet) and put the*****in the Lenovo or put it in the old computer and keep the Lenovo the same.
4. Is this something I can do myself or will I need to get help for doing this kind of transfers?
Sorry for all the questions. PS: the lenovo says 6-8 hour battery life but it doesn't last more than 3 at the most. And the battery is not one that the consumer can fix.
Category: Software
Expert:  caraleneK replied 6 months ago.
Hello. My name is***** will be providing an answer to your question todayThank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you.To start of how old is the ThinkPad Yoga Ultrabook remember a battery only last 6-8 hours for the first 12 to 16 months a lot of battery's need to be replace in the second year. Secondly you can only use the Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga Ultrabook battery pack.Waiting your feedback
Know on your SSD hard drive i will keep the two laptops the same. If you receive the terrabyte SSD drive I can help you to changes it.Also have you order the new laptop with or without a OS ?
Are you still online ?? Do you have the models for your new hardware. We need to look at the warranty before we changes the hard drives. If the upgrade impact your warranty it will be better to upgrade the old hardware first or take the laptops to approve service center to changes the drives.Waiting your feedback.
Hello again hope you well just follow-up to see f you need more info
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Sorry, I've been offline until now. And I was bowling last night so wasn't on here.

would it be ok if I got back with you later tonight or tomorrow morning? I have to leave in about 30 minutes and won't be back online or near the computers until about 9 tonight.

Yes.. take care chat soon....Please, Rate if you are SATISFIED with my help, as this is the only way the site will give me credit for my time. If you still need help, ASK FOR MORE HELP by replying to me
Hello again please note i still waiting for your feedback or a rating
Hello hope you well just follow-up to see if the hardware was deliver and if you need more help...