Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro
Experience:  I am a technology professional with 18 years experience, and hold 15 industry certifications (from hardware/software repair to mobility to IT Security, and everything in-between!).

Please advise how I should convert .TFF file to fillable

Customer Question

Please advise how I should convert .TFF file to fillable PDF?
Category: Software
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 6 months ago.
Hi Ash! My name is ***** ***** I am an independent computer expert who's been paired with you through It is my pleasure to assist you today.The best method by which to perform this conversion -- and subsequently edit your documents so that they can be "filled in" -- is by using Adobe Acrobat Professional. The software is not free, unfortunately, but does offer a fully-functional 30-day trial which you can download here: installed, converting your TIFF documents is pretty simple:On your computer, navigate to and select the TIFF file you wish to convert.Right-click on your image. When installed, Acrobat Pro is integrated with your system so you can simply select Convert to Adobe PDF in the right-click context menu. Once this is done, a clearer PDF version of your TIFF will pop-up in Adobe Acrobat Pro.To complete the process, click on the Save icon on the toolbar.In the Save As dialog that appears, choose a location to save the PDF to. Then give your file a name and click on Save.As part of the conversion process, Acrobat will attempt to recognize any form fields in your document and make them "fillable." Any that it misses can be manually added using these steps:Within Acrobat, click on the Tools tab and select Prepare Form.Add new form fields from the top toolbar, and adjust the layout using tools in the right pane.Save your fillable PDF form.There are other software packages that purport to do the same thing, but -- to be frank -- none are as good as Adobe's. If it's something you'll use a lot, the $14.99/month price tag is a very modest investment for a great product.