Martin, Network Engineer
Experience:  10+ Years Experience CCNA Network Engineer A+ Net+ Linux & Windows OS C++ Programming.
74139101

Trying to print an entire website. Used Adobe Acrobat to create

Customer Question

trying to print an entire website. Used Adobe Acrobat to create PDF from Website and specified the entire websited (as well as other settings) only about 50% of the site is converted.
Category: Software
Expert:  Martin replied 11 months ago.
Hello there and welcome!It's quite possible the website has a robots.txt file which doesn't allow crawling the entire site, or that some pages are unable to convert to PDF due to scripts. What's the URL?You should get HTTrack and rip the website with that first, then try converting it to PDF.Please reply using the box below.Regards,Martin
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
URL is www.rubensteinpartners.com
Expert:  Martin replied 11 months ago.
You want to convert the whole website to PDF or just the front page?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the entire site. I used adobe acrobat / create pdf / from web page / www.rubensteinpartners.comi played with the settings but not able to get it to print the biographies or the property descriptions.
Expert:  Martin replied 11 months ago.
There's a website specifically for that which works great:http://pdfmyurl.com
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i also used linkchecker 9.3 but that did not link me to the missing pages.
is there a free version of pdfmyurl.com I can pay for this once but this is not an option for every time we are trying to make a change to the website
Expert:  Martin replied 11 months ago.
The javascript which causes the images to pop up won't be possible because the software cannot follow it as a path
Expert:  Martin replied 11 months ago.
This is what it looks like
Expert:  Martin replied 11 months ago.
But I suspect you'd run into the same problems you are now with Adobe. The Javascript action is to popup a window, not a direct path to the destination you're trying to print
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i got that far and farther by also printing out the news articles. how do I print out the content of the javascript popup windows.
Expert:  Martin replied 11 months ago.
You won't be able to do that automatically, you'd have to print them manually
Expert:  Martin replied 11 months ago.
It's not mathematically possible through programming as "javascript:void(0);" is not a path
Expert:  Martin replied 11 months ago.
The only way you could make that work is if you host an alternate site just for this purpose, where instead of having javascript:void(0); you have the page go to a new page with the content.That way the search spider can go to the page, print it as PDF and continue with the rest of the site.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
so there is no way to print from the website? we created the website in wordpress. I there a way to create an export document that can then print out a pdf of how the popup windows will look ( and do the entire website rather than go through a two step process).
Expert:  Martin replied 11 months ago.
There are plugins for that but you will run into the same problem as it is like trying to divide by 0 using different methods of approach.https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-pdf-generator/You either need to create a mirror site without javascript or download the site with HTTrack which mirrors the whole site for you so you can save a copy locally.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
even HTTrack does not seem to work
I coveted the site but I don't see the the property description or employee bios
Expert:  Martin replied 11 months ago.
You mustn't have set it up correctly, I ran it on your site and it copied everything
Expert:  Martin replied 11 months ago.
I can upload it and send it to you if you like
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
yes but How would I print the pop ups other than one by one which I can do from the website now?
Expert:  Martin replied 11 months ago.
HTTrack is so you can save the website to your computer - it would allow you to use it as a local website to have a reference of what it looked like before the changes and to show your peers.You won't be able to automaitcally print the pages linked via javascript as all the programs that do that follow paths and javascript popup is not a path
Expert:  Martin replied 11 months ago.
I've uploaded the file generated from HTTrack for you here:https://myaccount.dropsend.com/pickup/file/be4c73a040897b83
Expert:  Martin replied 11 months ago.
I have not received a reply from you.If you have any doubts or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.And if you're happy with the service I'm providing so far feel free to click on one of the 5 stars above as it would be greatly appreciated!Remember you can continue replying to me until you've got all the information you need.Regards,Martin