Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  12+ years experience. Expert in installing and problem fixing of softwares.
50064670

I just removed a McAfee virus software program from my computer

Customer Question

I just removed a McAfee virus software program from my computer and now I cannot save Word and other documents as .pdf files. The error message I get is "Unable to create the temporary folder. Error: 5 - Access is denied." How do I fix this?
Category: Software
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 11 months ago.
Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied. Can I remote onto your Machine and have a look at your problem? It’s fully secure and you can see what I am doing at all times. If you wish please accept my remote support offer and let me know your time zone and the time period you prefer for remote support. Then I can send you the details to connect.RegardsJins
It seems you are offline and not available for remote session. So please try the following yourself. Navigate to %temp% or C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local and right click on the Temp folder and choose Properties, then click the Security tab and click Advanced. On the Permissions tab you should see the permissions that are there. There should 3 which are:'SYSTEM' with Full control which applies to 'This folder, subfolders and files''Administrators' with Full control which applies to 'This folder, subfolders and files''Your Username' with Full control which applies to 'This folder, subfolders and files' and all 3 should be inherited from the C:\Users\[Username]\ folder.If you don't have the 'Include inheritable permissions from this object's parent' option ticked, then tick it and click continue if there are any problems, then remove the permissions that aren't inherited.Once you click 'Apply' and click 'OK' you should have the permissions to write to the directory and you won't get those error messages any more. If it not fixes the problem or you can't do it yourself, let me know your time zone and the time period you prefer for remote support. RegardsJins