Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I cannot open Lightroom cc on my external drive. The drive

Customer Question

I cannot open Lightroom cc on my external drive. The drive accidentally (seriously, not be me)got disconnected while I was editing photos. Not, Lightroom will not open. Lightroom tries to find the problem but, in the end, it shuts the computer down. I know that I can delete the "lock" file but it just happens again. I looked at the photos on the external drive and there is a strange "temporary folder" there, along with all of the photos created on my trip. Yes, I have a backup but not of the photos that I created for two days on the trip. I have tried to delete the Temporary Folder from the drive but the message says it cannot be deleted because it is use. Help! I have a feeling that the Temporary Folder, which appears to contain one photo, is causing the problem.
Barbara
Category: Software
Expert:  Jess M. replied 8 months ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about our issues. Are you using Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, or 10? Or a Mac?Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess