Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro
Experience:  I am a technology professional with 18 years experience, and hold 15 industry certifications (from hardware/software repair to mobility to IT Security, and everything in-between!).

There I have problem with my email receiving and sending.

Customer Question

hi there I have problem with my email receiving and sending. I get this message every time I open the emailMicrosoft has identified a potetial Security concern. program file ( X86) Norton-360\Engine\22.6.142 Msoul Plug dll. The application add-in is disbled Add-ins might contain Viruses. most of my incoming emails are bouncing back to sender they have rung me about this . Some of the emails i sent out are not going. Please help sort out this issue
Category: Software
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 6 months ago.
Hi Francesca! My name is ***** ***** I am an independent computer expert who's been paired with you through It is my pleasure to assist you today.It sounds like your Norton Antivirus has gotten corrupted; it includes an email scanning feature which acts as a firewall between you and the outside world, and that piece clearly isn't working correctly. The easiest way to go about fixing this is to uninstall and then reinstall Norton.In order to uninstall the application, please use this free tool that is downloadable directly from Symantec/Norton: tool -- the Norton Removal Tool -- was specifically designed to assist in the removal of failed or corrupted Norton installations. Once the tool has removed Norton, reboot your computer.After your computer reboots, you will need to reinstall Norton Antivirus (if you'd like to keep using the program). If you have a disc that came with the program when you purchased it, you can insert that disc into your computer's optical drive to begin the reinstallation. Otherwise, you'll be able to download the installation files you need directly from Norton by visiting: you've completed the above, check to see if you can now successfully send and receive email messages. Did that help resolve your issue?
Hi again Francesca: it's been a bit since we chatted, and so I wanted to follow up with you and make sure your problem had been resolved?