Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I am a beginner techyWe have a loan origination system

Customer Question

I am a beginner techyWe have a loan origination system that has an online companion that interfaces with it now. We are going to a different loan system and will need to change the online piece of it to another vendor because the system we are changing to does not have their online solution in place yet.The online piece is the ability for an applicant to put on an application online and the application will integrate with the loan system.What would have to happen or be in place for another company to be able to integrate to make it work with the new system?The vendor or owner of the new loan system says they will allow another vendor to integrate with their system as long as they go by their format. Is this what is meant by writing to their system? Trying to understand what needs to take place for another vendor with an online application solution to work with the new system.
Category: Software
Expert:  Tim replied 8 months ago.
Hi there, I'm Tim and will be assisting you today. I have over 15 Years as an Engineer and have been with eBay, DoD and many others. I will do my VERY BEST to help you. If you like i can offer remote access and a call. In addition, with any positive rating I will support your question going forward for free.
Expert:  Tim replied 8 months ago.
Hes saying hes ok with integrating if the Systems are compatible, meaning running on the same software, or software back ends. Hes talking about software.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok, but remember I am a beginner :)
What does it mean software backend? Is this what they mean when they say they will write to the other vendor's specs? Write, meaning programming language?
Expert:  Tim replied 8 months ago.
no, more like what kind of database is on the back end, etc. You need to ask them for a list of requirements they need instead of just sitting there guessing, and having me guess. If they give you requirements, then i can EASILY tell you what is what. Or if you want to chat on the phone and explain it a little more, I might be able to help more.