GeekGal
GeekGal, Software Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years Experience in IT
76665483

How to I uninstall translation buddy

Customer Question

how to I uninstall translation buddy
Category: Software
Expert:  GeekGal replied 10 months ago.
Good morning Ron. My name is*****'m a certified computer professional with 15 years of experience. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. Translation buddy is considered to malware. There are several steps to getting rid of completely. Is it installed a s a toolbar in your browser?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
yes
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I installed it accidentally
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
are you there?
Expert:  GeekGal replied 10 months ago.
I suspect that it is installed as tool bar in your Google Chrome browser, as I have not yet seen it affect Safari. The first step in removing it is to remove it as an extension in Chrome. You can do so with these instructions:Open Google ChromeOn your browser, click menu .Select More tools > Extensions.To turn off an extension, uncheck the Enabled box. Check the box to turn it on.That may be all that you need to do as I see that you are using a MAC which is much more resistant to Malware than Windows computers. However, if you 'd like to make sure that all traces of it are gone, please use the following additional tools. Download, install, and run CCleaner for MAC. This a free program and very trustworthy. I have used it for years. It is impoirtant to be very careful when downloading so called "helper" tools like malware and antivirus remover tools as some of them are malware themselves. This one however is trustworthy. Download, install, and run Malware Bytes for MAC. Like cCleaner, it is free and trustworthy.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 10 months ago.
You'll also want to go to your Chrome Settings and check for any changes to your start page and your default search page as it often changes these too. If you'd like, I can perform these steps for you , and have sent an offer for Premium Services. This is completely optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you.If you decide that you don't need the additional service and if the information that I have provided has helped, you find that my answers have helped you, [please take a moment to rate my service. As an independent contractor for Just Answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating of at least 3 stars. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!
Expert:  GeekGal replied 10 months ago.
I apologize, but I neglected to mention that you may also want to delete the Toolbar form Google Chrome Extension by clicking on the trashcan, instead of just disabling it. This particular piece of malware often installs Ask.com as well. I suggest disabling or removing any extensions pertaining to Ask.com as well. Please let me know if you get stuck on any of the steps to remove it , or if you have questions about anything. Have a great day!
Expert:  GeekGal replied 10 months ago.
Ron, has your problem been resolved or do you need further assistance?