Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

Palm Tungsten E2 PDA sync problem; contacts lost; need to

Customer Question

Palm Tungsten E2 PDA sync problem; contacts lost; need to restore
Category: Software
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 11 months ago.
Hello and thanks for your question, my name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today, Are you getting an error message when you sync, what it happenning when you try to sync, please describe a little more.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry, don't know what u are asking
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Do you want remote access to my computer?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
hello....
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What do you need?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Are you helping me or not? I'm confused!
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
??????
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 11 months ago.
I'm sorry for delay in replying, the only way to recover your data including your contacts is to sync or transfer your back up data. can you tell me what is the version of your Windows please ?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
7
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 11 months ago.
Unplug the end of the HotSync cable from your Tungsten E2 device. Firmly press the cable back into your Tungsten E2 device to make sure it is connected.Unplug the USB-end of the HotSync cable from the USB slot on your computer to make sure it isn't loose. Palm recommends waiting until the Tungsten E2 is fully reconnected before attempting to HotSync again.Check the Windows taskbar for the HotSync Manager application symbol. If you do not see it, restart the Manager.Attempt to use HotSync again.Click the HotSync Manager symbol in the Windows taskbar. Click "Local USB" if it does not have a check next to it.Press the "Power" button on the top right side of your Tungsten E2. Press "Prefs" with the stylus. Press "Date and Time." Verify that the date is correct and matches the date on your computer. Press "Done" when you are finished, and then press the "Home" icon.Press "HotSync," and choose "Local."Remove your Palm's stylus.Turn over your Palm Tungsten E2 so you can see the back of the device. Locate the small button inside a hole near the bottom of the Palm.Press the stylus into the hole. Release it once you've pressed the button inside. Your Palm will restart.Attempt to sync your Palm once it has fully restarted.Let me know the result after trying the steps. Thank you
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This isn't the problem. There is no problem doing the syng. There is no cable. I use a doggle to sync. The problem is locating older versions of lhe address backup files and using them to update my data.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am willing to give you access to my computer but only if you understand the problem and how to resolve it.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Do you understand the problem?
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 11 months ago.
I fear I am not making progress with this case, and cannot necessarily deliver what you are seeking,so I must Opt Out, with sincere regrets.If and when another Expert takes up the case, you ought to receive a notification email. Thank you