Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have vast experience with configuring & repairing and utilizing software.Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

I have Lightroom 5. I have imported 290 photos from a trip

Customer Question

I have Lightroom 5. I have imported 290 photos from a trip into Lightroom and I flagged (white) 131 that I wished to work further on. I created a special collection for those photos and added them to that special collection. I have a Scott Kelby book on Lightroom CC and was told by a Kelby rep that it was the same for LR 5. According to the book, if you wish to further refine your selection of photos you remove the white flags by pressing Command-A (I have a Mac). I did so, and the entire collection disappeared. Is there any way to retrieve them? Thanks
Category: Software
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.
Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. In that version of Lightroom, command A is the command to select all... Did you press anything after command A? What may have happened is you may have switched to a different catalogue.. Did you try checking each catalogue and expanding the catalogue /collection views on the left to see if the collection was simply clicked off ? Im pretty certain your files are somewhere in your LR catalogues, as simply pressing command A wouldnt delete the collections, or photos. If youd like, I can connect to your mac from here and have a look and help you locate the missing collection. Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.