Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years

I'm having difficulty searching hosting website where

Customer Question

I'm having difficulty searching for a hosting website where Paypal is not the only option to use in selling to customers. Can you provide me with examples?
Category: Software
Expert:  Michael Norman replied 7 months ago.

Hello. My name is, Mike and I would like to try and provide you some additional information. There is a reason why you are having difficulty in finding other options, and mainly because you have to go through a third party merchant services provider like and you will have to pay fees for the service. Additionally you will have to set your website up to use SSL so the data is encrypted in transit to protect the credit card information being processed. The reason why most websites default to PayPal is because the fees are less than most service providers, anyone can pay using PayPal even if they do not have an account, when paying with PayPal your shoppers pay from PayPal's secure site and not your website, and their information is protected by PayPal and you are not responsible for worrying about protecting sensitive customer information because you aren't storing anything.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I can no longer use PayPal because account is limited.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What webhosting sites would you refer?

PayPal is associated to email accounts. If you have no longer have access to your old account you can always create a new email account from Gmail, Yahoo, etc. to use specifically for PayPal.

As for website hosting it really depends on your level of expertise. If you do not have the ability to create site from the ground up then you are going to look for a provider that offers templates that you can use, in which case is a great choice. Wix offers a great variety of eCommerce templates that you can use as well as online payment options.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'd need to provide the same information.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
For PayPal

You can also look at and as I mentioned before

Here's some info for you:

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How can I create a new account without confusion?

You can easily create a new PayPal account using a different email address. However the issue you will encounter is you will not be able to link the new PayPal account to the same bank account that is linked to the old PayPal account.

Your first course of action should be to work with PayPal to recover your initial account.

1(###) ###-####/p>

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Are these legitimate? PayPal Express Checkout
PayPal Payflow Pro
PayPal Payments Pro (US)

Yes they are legitimate. Go to the following link and scroll down until you see Merchant Services and you will see these listed under Web Payments.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can you explain GoCoin?

GoCoin is a service provider used for accepting electronic currency like Bitcoin and Litecoin. It is not used for accepting credit card payments. Most people don't use electronic currency like Bitcoin because it is not recognized as official currency and it's legality is questionable. This is not a solution you need.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What about my name and identity with PayPal?

Your name and identity is secure with PayPal. You can setup up your payment acceptance page with PayPal to reflect your business name instead of your personal name. So from the customer's perspective all they know is that they are paying your business and do not know who the individual is the account is associated with. You really need to look at the links on the PayPal site to see which option works best for you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can I have a business name and have a personal account still?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm really anxious to start my t-shirt website and get customers. Don't want it to interfer with my SSI.

You can tie the PayPal account to any account you want. But how it will impact your other personal finances has to do with whether you setup the business as a sole proprietorship or incorporate it as a limited liability corporation. Those are business questions that will require you to do some additional research on and perhaps discuss with a CPA.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'd need a tax ID.

Yes, if you incorporate it you need a tax ID. With a sole proprietorship your social security number is ***** tax ID because you assume all of the financial responsibilities of the business. Again, I am an IT subject matter expert and for this type of information you need to speak with a CPA or business attorney.