Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator
Experience:  Systems Administrator
58973002

The paperport image printer is not available as a printer

Customer Question

The paperport image printer is not available as a printer choice.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Software Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The paperport image printer is not a printer choice. How do I set up the paperport printer?
JA: Is there anything else the Software Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Software Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Software
Expert:  Cody replied 8 months ago.

What's the model on the printer?
What operating system do you have?

Is it plugged in via usb cable?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Paperport is a software program, not a printer. I just upgraded to version 14 and the old version provided a printer choice to print to the "Paperport image printer". This would create a pdf file and place a thumbnail in a paperport folder.
Expert:  Cody replied 8 months ago.

If you go to control panel --> devices and printers --> does the paperport show up in here?

Do you have a Brother printer / CD that you install this software from?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No, it is not listed in the control panel. When I try to add a printer it does not find it. I bought the software upgrade as stand alone program.
Expert:  Cody replied 8 months ago.

Do you have the original install CD?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No. I downloaded the installation files.
Expert:  Cody replied 8 months ago.

If you just want to have it print a pdf file you could install cute pdf writer here. http://cutepdf.com/download/CuteWriter.exe

Expert:  Cody replied 8 months ago.

another option would be going to start --> control panel --> programs/features

Look for one that says paper port image printer --> uninstall it (also u install anything that has pdf converter in it)

Then reinstall version 14

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I found a setup.exe file for the paperport image printer and ran it. The selection was still not available as a printer option.
Then I rebooted the computer. Still no luck. However, I can now find it in the control panel under programs/features, but this only gives me the option to uninstall it! How can I find the program file to run it?
Expert:  Cody replied 8 months ago.

Uninstall it in programs/features, reboot, then run your setup.exe again

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No luck. Is there a way to find it by trying to add a printer?
Expert:  Cody replied 8 months ago.

No you can't add it that way, it has to be added from the software.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I don't know what else to try.
Expert:  Cody replied 8 months ago.

You uninstalled the image printer in add/remove programs?

Is there any other pdf writer or convert program in here that you can uninstall?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I uninstalled and reinstalled the program. As to other pdf programs, do you mean like Microsoft Print to PDF?
Expert:  Cody replied 8 months ago.

Yes I would uninstall that.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It was a printer choice. I deleted it.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I unistalled the Paperport Image Printer and reinstalled it. No luck. Any final suggestions?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
When I found this website, it indicated that I needed to pay a $5 refundable deposit to talk with you. However, I have been charged an additional $33 without my consent. Now you want another $26 and you haven't helped me so far. Can I get my money back?
Expert:  Cody replied 8 months ago.

you don't have to pay an extra $26, you can go to the link to connect me for no extra charge.

Expert:  Cody replied 8 months ago.

If you are happy with my service, please provide a rating using the stars at the top.

Expert:  Cody replied 8 months ago.

Checking in to see if you still need help with this issue, if so please reply at your convenience.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks for the follow-up. On Monday, I called Paperport technical support and they were able to set up the PaperPort Image printer in a matter of minutes. I appreciate all that you did without being familiar with Paperport software.
Expert:  Cody replied 8 months ago.

thanks for the update