caraleneK
caraleneK, Software Engineer
Experience:  You one stop software Engineer
75835320

I want to take a bitmap image and change it into an

Customer Question

I want to take a bitmap image and change it into an irregular shape. Example, I get a logo with lettering, or image, that a customer wants to have exactly that look but I need to put it into a radius or a wave for their project. It's impossible to create that item in a radius, or any other irregular shape drawing it! If I crop out the background, then the image has too many nodes to shape. I'm using corel x4. Have tried to crop the bitmap into a rectangle so I could work with it using the envelope tool, but don't know how to get nodes into the middle, so I can shape it the way I want it, like I do making irregular shapes with lettering. Is this possible to do?
Category: Software
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com

.

YOu can do just about anything you can think of with PhotoShop. But its obviously not a free piece of software.

.

Its all about Layers.

Layering your background, and then your text font transparent layer above.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
This doesn't tell me anything! Do I need to buy photoshop, and if I do, I need specific step by step instructions to accomplish it or don't you furnish this? I have to have the final image in corelx4 or I can't process it! Right now it's like someone telling me I need a laser machine to cut wood and figure it out from there. I was anticipating step by step instructions to accomplish my need

Sorry Wes.....Photoshop is a piece of software you have to buy, and i do not furnish it.

.

You never mentioned WHAT program or software you WERE using to try to edit the bitmap image.

SO its hard for me to suggest ANYTHING.

I wish you the best, ***** ***** can tell from your response, i wont be able to help you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
My original inquiry stated I'm using corelx4. I never stated I couldn't buy other software. My final question was, do you furnish me with specific instructions to get what I need done in the new software (basically my question answered)?
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 9 months ago.

Sorry that that prior expert was not the most helpful, My name is ***** ***** I'm another expert with experience with graphic design and have Adobe software - can you provide a better description of what you want done? Perhaps attaching a copy of what you have working so far can give me a better idea of what you are trying to accomplish

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Dan..I have explained this earlier, and maybe you need to call me! I want to take a bitmap image, and reshape the whole image, or what i have cropped out of it, into an irregular shape. By that I mean, let's say into a half moon shape, or a wave going up and down horizontally. Like I can do with lettering using the envelope tool in corelx4.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Dan. Sent back answer two days ago..haven't heard from you!
Expert:  caraleneK replied 9 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be providing an answer to your question today

Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. Please see if this work for you in corelx4 .

1) right-mouse-button drag an image onto the ellipse and in menu that appears upon release of mouse button choose PowerClipInside.

2) select an image, choose (preferable assign to a hotkey) Effects->PowerClip->Place inside container -> click the ellipse.

3) select the ellipse and an image, click Intersect button -> now image is cropped by the ellipse

Waiting your feedback

Please let me know if you still need help on this???

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I think we are getting closer! When I get image inside container and I final step click on envelope tool to make an irregular image, I'm only able to re figure the ellipse not the image itself. What am I missing? Thanks

do you get a error messes if you click on the ellipse ???If you like I can log on to your machine and help you

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No I don't, but I have unchecked the source and target boxes as I would if I'm cropping an image. Again, when I choose envelope tool to reshape image, the bit map doesn't move only the circle is reshaped. If its easier, my phone is(###) ###-#### *****Wes

thanks for the feedback. I know it hard let see if we can do this

Select the Selection tool on the Tools panel

Select one or more objects to reshape

Click the Object menu, point to Envelope Distort, and then click one of the following:

• Make With Warp. Uses a preset warp shape.
  • Make with Mesh. Uses a rectangle grid.
  • Make With Top Object. Uses an object as the shape of the envelope. The object needs to be at the top of the stacking order.
  • click on the images

Specify the options you want for the envelope type; select the Preview check box to view your changes on the selected object.

Click OK.Do any of the following:Reshape. Select the Selection or Mesh tool, and then drag any anchor points

Please let me know if you can do this part ??

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Where is object menu? Using corelx4

right-click the mouse button on the object

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
After I've selected the object with select tool, I right click on the object, and don't get anything that says envelope distort. If I right click on the boundary, I get a different drop down, but nothin of what you mention above. Sorry I'm so stupid!

No I am here to help you ... Please see if this will help you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W5-J8FGM7I

I waiting for your feedback to help you please note I here to help you it hard to work with corelx4

Hurner are you winning ???

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Have had a busy day..am going to try to view video later today. Really need to get this accomplished!! Thanks

Thanks I waiting your feedback or a rating

Hello again hope you well tonight please confirm if you winning ??

Please, Rate if you are SATISFIED with my help, as this is the only way the site will give me credit for my time. If you still need help, ASK FOR MORE HELP by replying to me.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I know how to power clip, place inside container etc. etc. this video does NOT address my question!!!! Will someone PLEASE look at my question? I have spelled it out twice! I'll do it once more, and then I want a refund if you can't answer it!I want to take a bitmap image and make my own irregular shape out of it. I want you to place lettering on the screen, select it, select envelope tool, and you will see six nodes around that lettering....select any one and move it to create any shape! This is what I want to do with a bitmap image & I want to know how to do it. No one has said it can't be done. You keep leading me to a different function that doesn't apply to my question! I need an answer with step by step instructions, or my money refunded!

Thanks for your feedback. Ok let see if we can fix this today for you

Open corelx4 go to import image. If you choose to Import your bitmap, you can crop it before it reaches your page by choosing Crop from a drop-down menu on your right hand site in the Import dialog box .> After choosing Crop and clicking OK, the Crop Image dialog box will open enabling you to either use the Hand-style cursor to interactively set the rectangular cropping, or by entering values in the Top, Left, Width, and Height boxes followed by clicking OK. Doing this will enable you to place a permanently cropped copy of your selected bitmap onto your page. >If the image you wish to crop already exists in your document, and you wish to crop it, choose the Shape Tool (F10) and click to select the bitmap (Notice four nodes appear at the corners of the image ) Dragging these points will cause the bitmap’s clipping path shape to change, enabling you to hide portions of the bitmap from view > Using the Shape Tool cursor, click one of these nodes and drag it toward the center origin of the image. >Using the Shape Tool, click to select the bitmap. Determine which side you wish to crop, and select both corner nodes on the side by holding Shift while clicking once on each node, or click-drag to select them with the marquee.> Once the nodes are selected, hold Ctrl as the modifier key while dragging both nodes toward the center of your bitmap. Holding Ctrl constrains your dragging movement, which keeps the sides in vertical and horizontal alignment.> Continue cropping any of the sides using this same procedure until the cropping operation is complete.> As a final optional step, you can eliminate the hidden portion of the image using the Crop Bitmap command either by choosing Bitmaps > Crop Bitmap or by clicking the Crop Bitmap button (shown next) in the Property Bar using the Pick Tool and while a cropped bitmap is selected. Doing this will permanently remove the image portions which are hidden from view enabling you to reduce your document file size.> So from here you can use this cropping technique to create non-rectangular cropping shapes by adding nodes to the bitmap container and manipulating the curve properties.. If you still have problem can I please log on to your machine and help you if I log on you can see what I do or you can do it and I can point you to the best way to do so. Waiting your feedback

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks for your feedback...my computer is tied up today running production jobs, but I'll try to apply your answer tonight. It looks like the steps are there for me to follow. Thanks

Ok thanks and good luck waiting your feedback or a rating

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have got to, many times, the spot on your directions at the bottom where you say I can use this technique to create non rectangular cropping shapes, by manipulating the curve properties on the container. This much I understand, but, please understand right here the the exact area where my catch is. Manipulating the container does not manipulate the "bitmap image" itself, which is what I need to do. For example if the container is square, and I add a curve node on the left and on the right, I can select the left node and move it to the right, and it crops out part of my bitmap as a radius inward from top to bottom. But this has not changed my bitmap, only the container, because if I take the right curve node and move it equally as much to the right as I just did the left one, I don't get the right side of the bitmap image to move. It stays vertical...just the container, or crop out area is changed. Do you see what I mean? Again in my example earlier, if you set letters and select envelope, you can change to any shape of the lettering you want, like a wave, or banner etc. without using any cropping or containers function. In other words, you are doing the changing to an irregular shape to the actual letters itself. I need to do this to the bitmap image as explained above. I think now you have got to the pinpoint of my need. Thanks

Thanks for your feedback .. Hope you well today. Let see if you can do this

(1) right-mouse-button drag an image onto the ellipse and in menu that appears upon release of mouse button choose PowerClipInside.

If you have problem to do this please pick a new bitmap images and see if you can do the steps i send you yester day. It sound like we have a problem with the bitmap images you want to changes us yesterday setting have to work .Waiting your feedback or a rating

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Once again using your directions, moving the nodes only changes the shape of the ellipse, not the actual image. Try this yourself..put a bitmap image inside a container, and make a barrel shape out of bitmap image so as both sides of the image is curved wider than the top and bottom. You can only change the shape of container, NOT the bitmap shape!!! The container does me no good, unless I want to make the image smaller. (Which then is just a cropping procedure) . If I want to change the image itself, for example to a barrel, I can't do it

thanks for your feedback... please have a look here this is what you want to do with the images ?? http://howto.corel.com/en/dc/The_Curve_Tools_in_CorelDraw the steps I have send you yesterday you can dubbed click on the images and pull the left or right to changes the shape like in this pages I send you.Do you want to upload the images for me to see if I can changes it and do a step by step from it??

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Give me an email address to send a bitmap image, and what I want to do with that image. Ill take a picture of it and email it to you. Dont understand why its so difficult for you to understand what I'm wanting, so Do this for me..so you understand what I want. In Corel x4, type your name, go to envelope tool, and move the six nodes around to create a wave, a box etc out of that name. That's what I want to do with a bitmap

Hello again I understand your request 100% just not sure way we have problem to move it *****@******.***. Waiting your feedback

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
What are you saying? It can't be done?

Yes can I look for software for you what can do it ?? Please, Rate if you are SATISFIED with my help, as this is the only way the site will give me credit for my time. If you still need help, ASK FOR MORE HELP by replying to me.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Guarantee says 100% satisfied or money back. I have spent a lot of time chasing items from this site I am familiar with but no answers for my question. My time is worth money, and I have lost that with no answer to my question.

I am very sorry Hurner I was just looking to help you with caralx4 you can changes bitmap image in shapes and form but it just not working. Like you, I am a user here. I am helping you on my personal time. I will spend whatever time is necessary to answer your question. But we got to a dead end so do you want me to look for software what can help you to do this task ??Also you money stay in your account I only get paid on favorable rating .. Waiting for your feedback

Hello again hope you well please note i still waiting for your feedback or a rating