GeekGal, Software Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years Experience in IT

With AutuCad there is a command line at the bottom where you

Customer Question

With AutuCad there is a command line at the bottom where you can type "distance" to get exact length to 5 or 6 decimal places. I can't find it with Draft Sight.
Is "distance" available somewhere?
Category: Software
Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.

Hi Stan. My name is***** would be my pleasure to help you with this. It is quite inconvenient not to have the command line available in Draft Sight. Fortunately, there is an easy fix.

Bring up the floating command window by Right clicking on the upper toolbar area and choosing Command Menu Right click on the title bar to bring up the restore/move menu. Click on move & drag the window to the bottom left hand corner of the display. The command window should reappear between the graphic display & the status bar.

That should resolve the issue but please let me know if it does not, or if you need more help.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.

If the information that I have provided has been helpful to you, kindly take a moment to rate my service. As an independent contractor for Just Answer I do not receive credit for my answer or any compensation at all without a rating of 3 stars or more. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. If you need more help, please let me know so we can continue to work together. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!