Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years

I've been using Adobe InDesign CS4 since buying this Macbook

Customer Question

I've been using Adobe InDesign CS4 since buying this Macbook Pro in 2011.
After a recent update, the software refuses to open, telling me that my license has expired. I get an error message code; 150/30. I've tried restarting the computer, resetting the system clock to 1/1/2006. Nothing works. Can you help?
Category: Software
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 months ago.

Hi Paul, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check and fix your software issues while you watch?

Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.

Please let me know if you want this remote option.

Best regards,

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The error code this time read 153/30. I would like to sort this out quickly, as I can't access my CV and past job applications created using CS4. Awaiting a response.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 months ago.

The quick way to resolve this is through Secure Remote Assistance. I will now send you the formal offer. Please accept it so that we can start our remote session.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I've paid for a service $42AUS, if you can't do it as stated - please refund my money asap. I'm not paying more and more money
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 months ago.

I am very sorry about the confusion. But secure remote assistance is an optional additional offer with an extra fee. That is a one time flat fee though, regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. With the nature of the problem, Secure Remote Assistance is the best route to go to prevent future damage of your software installation.

Please accept the formal offer I sent you if you want to proceed. If not, please confirm when you reply. I respect your decision. Here is the link for the procedures about refunding:

Thank you.