Dan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  25 Years working with computer troubleshooting and networking. Comp TIA A-Plus Certified.
1567601

What does it mean when some of pictures in the organizer

Customer Question

What does it mean when some of pictures in the organizer have question marks on them (?) and I can't get to them, how do I fix this problem.
Category: Software
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question, I look forward to assisting you today. What organizer are you using?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Basically photoshop elements and lightroom
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I store my photos in My Passport.
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

It may just be the shortcut link is corrupt to your photos. What version of Windows are you running?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
NO
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
just get on to helping with my problem
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Windows 10
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

Please disregard any popups for remote sessions or phone calls. Those are automated and not coming directly from me. I apologize for any inconvenience! Open Windows explorer by clicking on the folder icon located on the task bar. In the left pane, locate and highlight Local Disk (C:). After you have done that, type *.jpg in the search field located in the upper right corner of Windows explorer and let me know what it finds.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
they have changed the name to file explorer, can't find what your looking for
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

My mistake. Make sure you have the Passport drive plugged in then follow the same instructions as above. Highlight the Passport drive in file explorer and run the search again please then let me know.

Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

I just wanted to check to see if you were able to locate your photos? Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.