Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, IT Expert
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP. Software Integration and Deployment Expert
23511658

I am trying to combine 6 sharepoint lists into 1 list which

Customer Question

Hi, I am trying to combine 6 sharepoint lists into 1 list which should be restricted to specific groups or have 1 list which carries all items but then there should be a possibility to restrict items to specifc users only - I do understand that views cannot have separate permissions on the list - any idea how to solve this problem Thanks so much Dagmar
Category: Software
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am on sharepoint 2007
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 8 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the wait. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

You have to block inheritance from the parent first. Then you can set permissions individually.
Break inheritance from the parent.Open the list that you want to restrict access to.On the List Tools tab, click List to open the gallery of commands specific to the list.On the ribbon, click the List Permissions button.The permissions page for the list opens, with a yellow status bar that explains that the list inherits permission from its parent site.Click the Stop Inheriting Permissions button.Now the list is disconnected from the parent site.Here are two important things to note:The list still has the same permission settings that it did before. But now, instead of inheriting permissions from the parent, it has its own copy of the parent’s permissions.Changes that you make to the permissions settings for the parent site will not be inherited by this list.Remove groups or users you don’t wantIn the Name section of the permissions page, select the checkboxes for the groups or users who should not have access to this list.Click Remove User Permissions.The permissions page updates to show that the group or user no longer has permissions to the list.Grant access to groups or individualsIn some cases, you might want to create a group and grant it access to this list. For example, you might want to grant your team access to a list. Because you know your team might grow in the future, it’s best to create a group for your team and grant that group access to the list. When new people join your team, simply add them to the group.
Do you have any questions?