Tim
Tim, Sr. Engineer
Experience:  Sr. Systems and Network Engineer
75378780

I lost connection to programs in my favorites and Amazon

Customer Question

Hi. I lost connection to programs in my favorites and Amazon videos. How can I retrevive them.
Category: Software
Expert:  Tim replied 11 months ago.

Hi there, I'm Tim and will be assisting you today. I have over 15 Years as an Engineer and have been with eBay, DoD and many others. I will do my VERY BEST to help you. If you like i can offer remote access and a call. In addition, with any positive rating I will support your question going forward for free.

Expert:  Tim replied 11 months ago.

Can you please provide more detail as to what the problem is and when it started?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hopefully you can help
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It just started this evening. It keeps telling me can't connect. I was having trouble with a video, and may have inadvertently cancelled Internet connection
Expert:  Tim replied 11 months ago.

You may have turned off WiFI by mistake. Is this a new IPAD? If so swipe from bottom up until you see a menu

Expert:  Tim replied 11 months ago.

Or follow these steps.

Go to Settings -> Wi-Fi -> switch on Wi-Fi and choose an available Wi-Fi network -> enter the password ***** join it. Or Go to Settings -> General -> Network -> turn on Wi-fi -> choose the possible Wi-Fi network and enter the password.

Once connected, you will see a Wi-Fi icon appeared in the status bar which tells you the connection strength.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I do not have menu. Would it be on settings
Expert:  Tim replied 11 months ago.

Yeah, please see the above steps i lined out.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Will try thank you
Expert:  Tim replied 11 months ago.

I need to step away for 10 minutes, please let me know if you need more help, if that did it, please rate me in the upper right hand corner as i do this for a living. I will be back to check to see if you need further help.

Expert:  Tim replied 11 months ago.

Here is a document from apple, its for both iphone and ipad. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202639

I will be back to check on you as soon as i can Susan.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Still not connecting. The bars are connecting, but the sites like Facebook and whatnot won't open
Expert:  Tim replied 11 months ago.

do you see a wifi status ?

Expert:  Tim replied 11 months ago.

are you on a PC right now thats the same network you want to use your ipad on? (making sure network is available for the ipad)

Expert:  Tim replied 11 months ago.

You should see this icon in the upper left hand corner http://www.tildee.com/uploads/2-01-2012/D43F0430-CE97-464B-8D2D-0FE9B7DC0A3B.jpg

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No I'm not. I am not at home. Using connection from friends computer set up
Expert:  Tim replied 11 months ago.

ok, do you know your firneds WIFI password ***** the name of their network?

Expert:  Tim replied 11 months ago.

Thats an important piece of info, if you do not know which network to connect to, or the password ***** won't be able to connect, especially if they do not have WIFI, which i'm sure they do.

Expert:  Tim replied 11 months ago.

so 1. they Must have WIFI, not just a signal computer online. 2 You need to know the name if their WIFI network and select it from the list, as well as the password ***** it.

1. Tap Settings.
  2. Tap WiFi. Wait a moment as your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch detects the WiFi networks in range.
  3. Find your friends wifi from the list of available networks (SSIDs) and tap it.
  4. Wait a few seconds while your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch connects
  5. Enter the password, capitalization mattes.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I think when I went to check it I may have pressed without network to log in. Any way to fix that
Expert:  Tim replied 11 months ago.

i'm not sure exactly what you are referring to..there is no such option.

Expert:  Tim replied 11 months ago.

Also, you have no answered rather or not you know the network ID, or password ***** the network.

Expert:  Tim replied 11 months ago.

Also make sure you are not in "airplane mode"

Expert:  Tim replied 11 months ago.

your settings should look like this http://www.theinternetpatrol.com/starbucks-attwifi-connect-20100505-112405.jpg and ask to connect to networks should be set to yes.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I do know id and password. When I went to put in id, a screen came up that said log in. I accidentally pressed without network
Expert:  Tim replied 11 months ago.

your talking about on a website, or in settings?

Expert:  Tim replied 11 months ago.

And its not the ID and password, its the NETWORK NAME and password ***** the wifi, you are not connected to the wifi thus the problem...

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Settings
Expert:  Tim replied 11 months ago.

so you located the network name, correct? after that, it will only ask you for the password, no user ID.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Can I send you info to possibly troubleshoot
Expert:  Tim replied 11 months ago.

Sure.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'd is 2WIRE790_EXT. Password *****(###) ###-####
Expert:  Tim replied 11 months ago.

Thats no use to me since I am not there......I can't use that info. Check if airplane mode is on Please.

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > Wi-Fi or Settings > Bluetooth. You can also turn on Wi-Fi or Bluetooth from the Control Center. Swipe up from your Home Screen and tap or . To use Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on your Apple Watch, just turn off Airplane

Expert:  Tim replied 11 months ago.

is there a network called "2WIRE790" as well as 2WIRE790_EXT?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Expert:  Tim replied 11 months ago.

Try connecting to it with same password

Expert:  Tim replied 11 months ago.

2WIRE790_EXT is a separate network they may have not set up the password *****

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I may try again tomorrow. Getting late. Thanks for trying
Expert:  Tim replied 11 months ago.

I'm pretty sure that IS the problem.

Expert:  Tim replied 11 months ago.

the network you need is 2WIRE790" not 2WIRE790_EXT.

Expert:  Tim replied 11 months ago.

Let me know how that works.