caraleneK
caraleneK, Software Engineer
Experience:  You one stop software Engineer
75835320

Need some help with formatting auto capitalization with

Customer Question

need some help with formatting auto capitalization with dragon professional home version
when I place cursor in middle of sentence for addition or correction, word is always capitalized
am tired of first saying "no cap"
Category: Software
Expert:  caraleneK replied 10 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be providing an answer to your question today

Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I can see you are a first time user to the site ( justanswer ). What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.Go to Tools > Auto-Formatting Options and remove the tick from "Automatically Add Commas and Periods.Another way of getting round the problem is to change the Properties of the word. Go to Vocabulary > Open Vocabulary Editor (or say "Edit Vocabulary"). Type, e.g. Canyon (or any of the problomatic words) and select the word. Click Properties and check "Use Alternate Written Form" and enter canyon. Here you will see that the alternate is the abbreviation "Cyn" and you will need to decide if you need to use this abbreviation more than removing the capitalization.Waiting your feedback

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
the check for automatically add commas and periods is not checked, already did thatgoing into vocabulary does not solve the problem
the problem occurs whenever correction or insertion into a sentence is done, so not a particular wordproblem / answer thus not solved with your solution

Thanks for your feedback Dragon’s option to automatically insert commas and periods as you dictaten is an option, see Auto-Formatting under the DragonBar’s Tools menu

Have you also look at this settings

1. On the DragonBar, select Tools > Formatting.
  2. In the Formatting dialog box, click the Capitalization tab.
  3. In the drop-down lists for Person name capitalization, Department name capitalization, and Drug name capitalization, indicate the type of capitalization to use by choosing Standard, Initial caps, All caps, or Title caps.
  4. Click OK to save the settings.

Or you can start using the "no caps on/off", "no cap that" recommendations One option is to say the command "Caps" before any word that might otherwise be capitalized automatically .Us word also use the text formats what can impact this setting in dragon .Waiting your feedback

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
My version of Dragon, which is the upgrade does not have formatting option under tools
there is an auto-formatting option and the only thing related to capitalization is the box "cap lock overrides capitalization commands"my version is Dragon 14.0 Dragon Professional Individual

Thanks what version off word do you use us Enable/Disable Auto Capitalization in Word 2016 & 2013 can also impact your problem. Also if you use with Google Chrome Words are not capitalized.Please send me you machine OS version and info on your browser let me look in to this for you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am not using Word
I am remoting in to my hospital's EHRI just tried dictating in Word and see that the problem is not therewhen I use dragon at the hospital on hospital computer, I do not have this problem
will check and see what Dragon version is at hospitalat last we are on to something now

Thanks waiting your feedback

Hello again just follow-up to see if you have a update for me.Also what d you use to connect to the hospital us TeamViewer and dragon is a bad mix