Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years

I would like to completely remove Bing and Cortana. Please

Customer Question

I would like to completely remove Bing and Cortana. Please send me instructions how to do it. The more detailed the better as I am not the most experienced IT guru.
Thanks have a weekend.
Category: Software
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Do you mean you do not want Bing to show when you first open your web browser?

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Richard and thanks for getting back to me. I would like Bing to be removed from my computer...not just when I open the computer.
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

Which internet browser are you using? eg: Edge, Google Chrome?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Richard, I will reach out to you next Monday,,,,travelling now. ok?
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

ok no problem