Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years

I am using windows 10, I have two external displays attached

Customer Question

I am using windows 10, I have two external displays attached to my Toshiba Satellite computer model # ***** When I am in my office I want the computer display to only show on the two desktop monitors - not on the laptop display itself which I close when working in the office.
My problem is that when I have moved windows to display on the 2-3 monitor, it keeps jumping back to the computer monitor when I open a new browser after I get things set.
I want to fix this so when I am working in the office it displays only on 2-3 but when those are not attached then it reverts back to just the computer screen.
when I come back to the office and plug in the monitors, I want it to automatially go back to 2-3 display.
Please tell me how to do this (without having you in my computer - microsoft did this last week and I ended up having to factory reset my computer.. not trusting anymore)
Category: Software
Expert:  Tim replied 7 months ago.

Hi there, I'm Tim and will be assisting you today. I have over 15 Years as an Engineer and have been with eBay, DoD and many others. I will do my VERY BEST to help you. If you like i can offer remote access and a call. In addition, with any positive rating I will support your question going forward for free.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

I can't allow remote access at this time - I am still burning from Microsoft causing me to have to factory reset. Today has been nothing but problems with the computer - but the display issue is making me crazy. Do you have any suggestions based on the information I provided in my original question?

Expert:  Tim replied 7 months ago.

thats how Windows 10 nativity Handel multiple monitors, which sucks. There are some work arounds, this one is free but not super easy to use, these two are both made for working with multiplemoinitors. Multimon, the paid for one is prob what you need, its now I get around the same problem on windows 10 with 2 screens. Make any sense?

Expert:  Tim replied 7 months ago.

Let me know if you need more assistance.