Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have vast experience with configuring & repairing and utilizing software.Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have been using Photoshop 12 on my Windows 10 computer

Customer Question

I have been using Photoshop 12 on my Windows 10 computer for months with no issue. All of a sudden today, it won't open. I have turned my computer off and restarted with no change. Then I tried to uninstall the program and reinstall since I have the CD which I purchased. When I try to do that, it tells me that I have a trial and I need to purchase the software. I bought the program at Best Buy and it was not a trial. Nothing I've tried works. Help!
Category: Software
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Since the issue only started today. Lets use a valued feature of windows and "turn back the clock"

The steps below wont erase any of your files or data, and if we dont like the outcome we can undo these steps.

Please press the windows key on your keyboard, or tap the "desktop" icon to go to your old fashioned windows desktop.

Then, hold down your windows key and press R ( The windows key is two keys to the left of your space-bar )

Then type in rstrui.exe and hit enter.. On the system restore screen,

Click, restore my computer to an earlier point, then click next..

We want to choose a restore point that was at least one day before the issues started with photoshop.

Carry out the restore. the computer will restart, then let me know if that fixed the issue or not.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.