Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have vast experience with configuring & repairing and utilizing software.Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Can you explain to me how to backtrace a chat on words with

Customer Question

Can you explain to me how to backtrace a chat on words with friends
Category: Software
Expert:  Dustin replied 8 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

When you say "backtrace a chat", what exactly is it that you mean. Are you wanting to see the chat history on words with friends?

Please clarify, thank you.

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No I want to find out the location of where that chat was coming from
Expert:  Dustin replied 8 months ago.

The only way you can do that, is if you were playing words with friends t hrough facebook.

If so, open facebook messenger, and you should be able to double click on the other parties name and then in the conversation history, if you double click on a message it should show you the location the message was sent from.

If the other person had location services turned on on their phone or tablet when they were using words with friends.

Other then that, the app isnt built to track locations.. The only location tracking that would be available would be through facebook messenger.. Match the words with friends profile name to the facebook messenger profile, and you may be able to see the location.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
If I'm not friends with that person on Facebook then it can't be done right?
Expert:  Dustin replied 8 months ago.

Thats correct.. If you wanted to find out where they are, send them a friend request and then use the facebook messenger program to send them a message.. When they reply, you can double click their message to see the location.

And even more, if they leave their location on. You can use free extensions and programs such as t he following to get a running map of where they have been

http://www.tripwire.com/state-of-security/security-data-protection/cyber-security/stalk-location-facebook-messenger/

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Is there any way you can think of of how to find out someone's location from the chat history on words with friends or their email?
Expert:  Dustin replied 8 months ago.

The only two mainstream providers who track locations are gmail / google, and apples icloud feature for iphones and ipads.

Even then, you can only track your own location, not someone elses.. Facebook messenger is the only app that has any possible relevance to words with friends that could help you track a location.

However.. I will say this. if this is a childs, spouses, or someones phone who you pay the bill on an control the account. If you can get your hands on the other persons phone, you can install tracking software that will provide a wealth of data..

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks but someone is chatting with me on words with friends and for my safety I wanted to see if I can find their location. Ugh I guess I can't
Expert:  Dustin replied 8 months ago.

The only way you can do that, is to temporarily add them to y our facebook page.

Then open facebook messenger and message them~ If they respond, you can see their location.