flopcat98
flopcat98, Consultant
Experience:  Consultant 30 years in nyc computer industry working with PC and networks banks brokerage legal etc.
23372949

I have used Money99. Now I am switching to Quicken Deluxe. I

Customer Question

I have used Money99 for years. Now I am switching to Quicken Deluxe. I want to use my old Money99 file with my new Quicken program.I have saved a backup copy of my Money99 file. I downloaded Money 2005
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Every time I try to restore the backup into Money 2005, it has some screen message that tells me I can't do it. So how do I do it.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tech Support Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Software
Expert:  Russell H. replied 8 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If your Quicken version is 2011 or newer, there is a path to getting the Money99 file's data into Quicken.

This help page has all the details, for your reference:

http://www.quicken.com/support/help/GEN82753

The first thing is to get and install a copy of Microsoft Money Plus Sunset Deluxe:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=20738

for free. Install it.

Then, you must exit from MS Money first, before doing the import.

Then, you create an EMPTY data file in Quicken.

Then go to

File

then to

File Import

then to

Microsoft Money file

- what problems are you having with essentially those steps ? any error message?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am way ahead of you here. Microsoft states that the Money99 files cannot transfer to Money Plus Sunset Deluxe and that I need some intermediary program like Money 2005 and they actually provide a link to install it. I did it and the files still don't transfer.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Anyway, I don't like your service and I want to terminate it.

I have no power over your last comment except to Opt Out of this case, opening it to other Experts. I have done so.

Expert:  flopcat98 replied 8 months ago.

the 2005 version will not load a backup file

you need to have the original money99 program running when you install the 2005 and then it will automatically locate and convert the 99 file

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/913108

also you can not have the 2006 version installed when you do this.

I can log in remotely and work on it with you if you like. But you will need to have the money99 working on the computer to get this done.