IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I am unable to import my photos on Lightroom 6. I am getting

Customer Question

I am unable to import my photos on Lightroom 6. I am getting a message that says "Some import operations were not performed" and "they could not be read". Can you explain what is happening please?
Thank you
Category: Software
Expert:  IT Miro replied 9 months ago.

Hello! My name is*****

I am sorry for the issue you are experiencing. Please tell me if you are using a Mac or a Window computer.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Mac
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I was able to download the photos on my iPhoto
Expert:  IT Miro replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for the information!

I am familiar with this issue. Lightroom sometimes cannot access the contents of the SD card, and therefore, cannot import the photos. To successfully import them, you will need to copy the photos to your computer and then choose to import them from that location, instead directly from the SD card.

So, copy all the photos you want to import and make a new folder under "Pictures" on your computer and paste the photos there. When done, browse to that folder in Lightroom and choose to import them from that folder.

To avoid repeating this procedure over and over, you can format the SD card which usually helps solve the problem. However, since formatting will erase all the contents of the SD card, make sure to transfer (import) the photos to your computer first.

Let me know if you require further assistance.

Regards,

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I will try that but I don't understand why it worked before and not now. I did reformat another SD card and just took a couple more photos and got the same message.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 9 months ago.

Sure, let me know if the procedure I suggested worked for you.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 9 months ago.

Hello again!

I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know by sending me a reply below.

If you don't require further assistance, please take a moment to rate my assistance by clicking on the stars located in the upper right corner of the page.

Thanks,

Expert:  IT Miro replied 8 months ago.

Hello!

Let me know if you were able to receive my messages.