caraleneK
caraleneK, Software Engineer
Experience:  You one stop software Engineer
75835320

I use Citrix to get to the cloud to do tax returns in Ultra

Customer Question

I use Citrix to get to the cloud to do tax returns in Ultra Tax. My mouse pointer is so small I can barely see it. How can I get a large mouse pointer? Any software available? Thanks!
Category: Software
Expert:  comp_audio replied 9 months ago.

Hello, please tell me what version of Citrix client are you using?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
14.1.0.0

Glad to hear you got it fixed. Could you please take a minute to rate my service and accept my answer? I know the steps I gave you may not have fixed it, since you had to replace the screen but know this is how I earn my income, helping you and others. When you rate my service as 4 or 5 stars, and accepting my answer it allows me to continue to do this for you and others that are seeking help.

Please do remember to request me whenever you need more help - pctech

Sorry that was for another users question...LOL :-(

Looking at the site (Citrix) there are several updates but without knowing your current configuration it is going to be hard to get to the correct settings. Would you be willing to accept a "Remote Support" premium service? It does cost extra, however it allows me to remote into your pc, one time only as it removes when I am done. Plus you can watch me the whole time I am connected. If not just let me know and I will do my best to drive you via this cchat method, but know it will take some time to get it for you. Also do you know how to do screenshots and put them onto a free sharing site?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I can't let you do remote. I have confidential tax return info on PC.

understood. Okay, give me a few to try and get the options settings that should help. Can you do a screenshot of just the setting for your citrix session?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
You just lost me. Where are the Citrix settings. Do you work for Citrix?

No I do not work for Citrix, but have supported it for many users over the years.

But to be honest, this is a tricky application, and I do not see a way to walk a user through changing settings without seeing it for myself. So for this reason I think it is best that I Opt Out and let another expert assist you. I wish you the best of luck. Thanks for your patience.

Expert:  caraleneK replied 9 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be providing an answer to your question today

Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. Can I please ask you to switch the visual effects setting to none and see if it fix your problem. If you still have the problem make sure you set everything to full screen mode. Waiting your feedback

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Using WIN 7. There is no None option.
Expert:  caraleneK replied 8 months ago.

Thanks for your feedback have you find the visual effects setting

Also switched the mouse pointer in Windows 7 (of the remote machine) from "Windows Aero" (default) to "Windows Black (large)" and see if it works

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am using black large and it works everywhere except when I go to the virtual office. Surely Citrix is aware of this problem. The mouse pointer is very small on all PC's in my office that is using Citrix to get to the cloud.

Thanks for the feedback yes Citrix is aware of lost of mouse pointer problem but still working on a fix most of the time people get thinks fix with the changes of setting on the desktop or on the way we view the virtual machine have you changes the virtual office view to full screen mode.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
How do you get to virtual office view?

I only have a remote desktop view on this site. Can you make a screen print for me to have a look to see if it is the same please

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
If I give you remote access how long will you be on the PC?

I will just confirm all the setting and you can see what I do .

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am very busy preparing tax returns and don't know how much time you will take. Maybe I should do this after 4/15.

Ok I will wait for you us this can take up time like 30 min review setting .. Thank for your feedback I waiting for you

if you ready just came back to this pages ..

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok. Thanks.

Take care chat soon

hello again hope you well can we book time for me to sort this out for you? Waiting your feedback

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I WILL.

Thanks