comp_audio
comp_audio, Other
Experience:  20+ years experience with hundreds of software titles and support. I am eager to help you when you need.
44312836

I have an AMD Custom PC that is not performing up to its

Customer Question

Tim I have an AMD Custom PC that is not performing up to its potential at all. Do you offer some system con figuration work that would unleash the full power of this PC? I based this build on the instruction from a fellow video editor's rig but I am not getting anywhere near the performance it should.
Category: Software
Expert:  comp_audio replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I would be honored to assist you today. What I would like to know first of all is the exact hardware you have, and the OS installed. Finally the what are you using as a baseline to measure the performance?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

The basis behind my build is this website.

https://www.slrlounge.com/built-custom-photovideo-editing-pc-800/

Attachment: 2016-03-03_210415_doc1.docx

So the hardware listed on that site, is that the exact hardware you have then?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Attachment: 2016-03-03_224246_doc2.docx

Here are the exact specs

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I added an update to the earlier post. here it is again.

I will be in and out over the evening. and will be at the PC in question tomorrow morning after 10am CST.

Attachment: 2016-03-04_013124_doc2.docx

Attachment: 2016-03-04_013230_doc2.docx

Okay, I got it. So you do have a pretty stout machine there. So please tell me what are you using as a baseline for measuring the performance? Meaning when you built your pc, after the burn in period, what if anything, did you run to get a beginning performance measurement?

This is what I would recommend. Go to this site and look through the different free options for benchmarking your pc performance. Choose one, and run through the steps. This will give you great starting point. Often with these apps they will give you the results and then give you recommendations for where the bottlenecks are and how to possibly fix them. NOTE: Do not install any so called "PC Tuneup" software or Boost tools, as I have found them all to slow machines down. Simply put, find your bottlenecks, and work them one at a time. Do not let software do what managing hardware should be doing. Hope this makes sense. Please reply and give me your thoughts.

Here is another site that gives some very good information and recommendations for getting your machine performance tests and what to do with those results.

Just let me know when you have some time to get back with me so we can continue.

Expert:  Tim replied 9 months ago.

Eric, I'm sorry I missed this request, did you still need help?

Eric, please let me know if you were able to get a good baseline and possibly find the bottleneck if there is one?

Eric, please do get back to me so that we can continue with getting your question resolved. Thank you for your patience and understanding.