flopcat98
flopcat98, Consultant
Experience:  Consultant 30 years in nyc computer industry working with PC and networks banks brokerage legal etc.
23372949

I am using Word Perfect 8 at my law office. I intend to

Customer Question

I am using Word Perfect 8 at my law office. I intend to upgrade my computer collection software soon, get new hardware and new software. However, in the meantime on one of my computers every time I try to go into any WordPerfect document I get a message telling me that the document already exists and asking me "Replace?" How do I prevent this from happening?
Category: Software
Expert:  flopcat98 replied 9 months ago.

That sounds like a save message.

I can log in remotely to look at it but I would check your auto backup settings and the folder it's saving them to. If it happens when you open a file its probably a backup or temp file that it's trying to create that didn't get deleted when it should have last time you worked on something