caraleneK
caraleneK, Software Engineer
Experience:  You one stop software Engineer
75835320

Time Machine fails to backup after a couple of successes. If

Customer Question

Time Machine fails to backup after a couple of successes. If I disconnect and reconnect it works again for a short time.
Category: Software
Expert:  caraleneK replied 9 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be providing an answer to your question today

Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you.I need more info to help you do you backup to a external hard drive what you kept plug in to the machine or a build in hard drive . Waiting your feedback to help you.

Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you.I need more info to help you do you backup to a external harddrive what you kept plug in to the machine or a build in harddrive . Waiting your feedback to help you.

if you use a external harddrive - In Finder's Menu, select Go menu>Go to Folder, and go to "/volumes". (see quotes) Drives with an extra 1 on the end have a side-effect of mounting a drive with the same name as the system already think exists.if it look like the drive with the same name as the system already exists.Try trashing the duplicates with a 1 or 2 if there are no real files in them, and reboot.look at this site https://support.apple.com/en-za/HT203258.. Waiting your feedback

Hello again

Please let me know if you need more help I waiting for your feedback to help you fix you problem or a rating

Regards