Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I have another computer, Asus, and I just received a message

Customer Question

I have another computer, Asus, and I just received a message to contact Microsoft immediately, not turn off the computer or close the site.
I called the number listed (1-***-***-****) and got a man who would not tell me much so I hung up.
Also, I need to add this new computer to my account.
Category: Software
Expert:  comp_audio replied 9 months ago.

Hello, please understand that there are many out there who would like nothing more then to rip off honest people. I am not one of them, and would like to assist you to verify if this email is legit or if it is a scam.

To start with please tell me if the new computer is truly a new pc, or have you refurbished an old machine with new software as I could see how that would cause something like what you're describing.

Hello, and good morning. Please tell me if you are still needing assistance?

Last effort to assist you. If I do not get a reply I will opt out. Please let me know either way.

Any updates?

I would like to help you, but need your input please. Doing this is how I make a living. So please do get back to me and tell me what I can assist you with. Thanks in advance.