Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I have Photoshop 6 and Photoshop CC2015 installed on my Mac

Customer Question

I have Photoshop 6 and Photoshop CC2015 installed on my Mac Pro (late 2013 (Coffee Can version). OS is 10.11.2.
When using Photoshop CC2015 (updated) I cannot get an icon for an image in the Get Info dialog box for that image. I get a preview but no icon in the upper left hand corner. Consequently, I cannot see a thumbnail of the image on the image file, nor can I paste it into the folder icon in the folder get info dialog box. This has been going on ever since I got CC2014.
Using Photoshop 6 there is no problem. I can open a CC2015 file, do anything to change it (and change it back) but just so it saves as if it were a new file. The image icon is where it should be and I can copy and paste it wherever I wish.
The Photoshop CC2015 is version 16.0.0. The Photoshop CS6 version is 13.0.6.
Can you help. It is extremely hard to keep track of thousands of files when you can't see the image in the icon.
Thank you.
John Wawrzonek***@******.*** DANGEROUS URL REMOVED.
Category: Software
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 11 months ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

In the Finder: View->Show View Options and make sure "Show Icon Preview" is on. Then let me know the result.

Regards
Jins

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
You wanted more details but did not say what. Please terminate this conversation. I am not satisfied and will not accept any charges. You clearly are trying to con me into a membership.

Sir, I think my suggestion was clear. Did you try my suggestion ? In the Finder: View->Show View Options and make sure "Show Icon Preview" is on. If it is Off make it On.