Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I added a 1 Trb to my pc. It came with a 1 trb hhd. The

Customer Question

I added a 1 Trb to my pc. It came with a 1 trb hhd. The orginal drive is 90% full. My pc is running slow. Iam about to add 8gb. ram for a total of 12gb. I was told to add this second drive and move files with music movies pictures. I don't know how to move files without maybe causing with programs. Is there a program that would help with this?
Category: Software
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. While there are programs that can help with scenarios like this, my opinion is its better to do it manually, and do it right.

For that reason, I am sending you an offer for our secure remote assistance. With that, I will be able to connect to your screen from here and manually help you move your files, and remap your folders to point to the new external drive so we can free up space on your internal drive.

And once thats done, I will also run through some manual steps to try and repair and speed up the machine.

Once this offer is accepted or rejected, we can continue.

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I use a vpn for internet connection at times. I have some downloaded files on my computer. If you can help sort create new folders for files. The other thing I would want is check my programs where download files would be placed. I have been going thru deleting unused But do have pictures in several folders and files. Needs sorting.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Ideally, what we would want to do is create a new downloads folder on the blank external hard drive. ( as well as pictures folders, music, videos, documents, etc )

then copy everything over from your internal hard drive, to the external hard drive.

And then, map those folders so t hat anything you place in downloads, documents, pictures etc, automatically goes to that location on the external hard drive, instead of filling up your internal hard drive.

As far as your folders and pictures needing finding and sorting, whose computer doesnt need a bit of spring cleaning and organization?

D.S

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did most of the cleaning you said. Maybe we can get together soon