Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Computers, Mobile devices and Networks
32989067

Some months ago I did an upgrade from W7 to W10 and I could

Customer Question

Some months ago I did an upgrade from W7 to W10 and I could save files to the desktop and see them there. today i had to do a clean install of W10 and now I can save files to the desktop but i can't see them on the desktop. Microsoft tld me a driver is missing. can you help?
Category: Software
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Hi there and welcome Cris

The amount you paid is refundable if your not given a solution so please do not worry about that.

First, from where are you saving the files from? Which program?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Microsoft Office 2013 - Word and Excel documents - but I can't see anything that I save to the desktop - the files are in desktop but but i can't see them - my pc is Acer Aspire Z3770
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I will wait for your email that will tell me what we need to do
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
When can I expect to get a response, even if just to tell me that you have not forgotten me?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Hi there Cris

It was nearly a day before you replied to my initial message and I was not online there sorry

Can you press the windows key + X and click on command prompt (admin)

A black window will open.

Type in it

sfc /scannow

press enter and when it has completed, type in

chkdsk /r

Press enter.

It will give a message "the type of the file system is NTFS cannot lock current drive.

chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts y/n" Say Y, press enter and restart the computer.

Then tell me if you can see the files saved to the desktop please

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i did what you asked me to do - cannot see files saved to the desktop.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm going to bed. I'll look for your reply tomorrow. I should have mentioned that Microsoft told me that they could not help
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Can you right click on the desktop and select New, Shortcut.

Enter in hotmail.com

Create the shortcut and tell me if that appears on the desktop please.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i could not wait for your answer so i sought help elsewhere and they were able to resolve my problem in minutes, because you took 6 days to reply to my last answer i feel justified in asking for a refund.
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

No problem, though please bear in mind I replied 1 minute after you posted the question and you took 14 hours to reply for which I was not online.

When you reply is up to you of course, but this is what caused the delay as I waited many hours for your reply to me.

You can request a refund here Cris

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund

All the best

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I don't understand how you can say that you responded in 1 minute. My second last answer to you was on Feb 24 and you replied on March 1. My reply that you say took 14 hours is obviously due to the fact that we live in areas with different sleeping times
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

If you scroll to the top you see this

23 Feb 2016, 8:57 AM

And my reply

Hi there and welcome Cris

Please let me know

23 Feb 2016, 8:58 AM

You see a 1 minute difference, then you replied to me

23 Feb 2016, 11:36 PM

14 hours later

If you scroll up on this web page you see this. Again its no problem, but wanted you to understand I replied very quickly to you but never got a response back for many many hours.