Jason Jones, Computer Technician
Experience:  10+ years of work experience.
30759776

I purchased a desktop dell computer at BestBuy in Omaha

Customer Question

I purchased a desktop dell computer at BestBuy in Omaha Nebraska in January 2015 Service Tag B9LC842 and #24524643602. Because I forgot my Administrative password ***** have not been able to install window 10. It came with Wndow7 and my e-mail is***@******.***. How can I do and refresh or reenter another administrative password ***** be able to install programs. I have only one other user to the account that only helps me do my work but the other user who I made as administrator is what I forgot.
Category: Software
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I wrote my phone number wrong It is(###) ###-####and not(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 9 months ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

I have followed the procedure below to recover the Windows password ***** few hundred times with no problems. The process is quite simple: You create the cd on a working computer, put the cd in the problem computer, and follow the rest of the instructions below.

Please, follow the instructions below to reset your computer's password:
- Click the following link and save the file: http://ophcrack.sourceforge.net/download.php?type=livecd
- Burn that ISO file to a CD. You can use the application found here if you do not have a CD burner: http://cdburnerxp.se/en/home
- Place the CD in the problem computer, turn it off, turn it on, press the shortcut key responsible for the boot menu ( F12, ESC, F10 ), choose the CD-ROM, and boot.
- Choose Automatic and press Enter
- Sit back and allow the program to locate the passwords for you. It may take up to 10 minutes.

Reboot normally.

I look forward to your next message below or your rating on the top of this page (choosing of number of Stars and clicking the Submit button)

Please, do not forget to rate my help on this page.

Thank you again,
- Jason

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
What is going on I have been charged $30 and $20 from your company and the solution has not been successful My Bank is calling me about this charges. Please let us resolve the problem or I refuse a payment today.

I am not part of billing, but it appears you should have only been charged $30 for the question. Do you want me to return the charge of $20 now? I will have to wait until you rate my help. After you do so, I can send up the refund request. If that is okay, please let me know.

Thank you,
***** *****

Hello again,

Upon re-reading my last post, I think it may come off as though I am pressuring you into a rating. That is not my goal. I will send up the refund request for the unwanted charge of $20 right now. Please, do not forget to rate me when you get the chance. Rating me does not cost anything extra.

Thank you,

Jason

Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 9 months ago.

sorry wrong post, Site Issue! (please disregard)

You can ignore the last post.

I sent up your refund request for the $20 payment, as that was a mistake. May I ask if my solution worked? If it didn't for some reason, please let me know at which step you had a problem.