Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I use Lightroom/Photoshop from a WD My Book external drive.

Customer Question

I use Lightroom/Photoshop from a WD My Book external drive. I backup my catalog to two other WD My Book hard drives and keep one of them off-site. I use Retrospect software to backup, and I do so by Duplicating my main hard drive. When I plug in one of the two backup drives, Lightroom forces me to Import to my C drive, where I DO NOT want it. Instead, I want those backups to behave just like the main one hard drive , and open up directly in Lightroom/Photoshop. How can I get this fixed? Importing would put three TB on my 'C' drive, and take two days! I will be hugely grateful for help with this issue!
Charles Gardner, Silver Spring *****@******.*** or(###) ###-####
Category: Software
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Can I remote onto your Machine and have a look at your problem? It’s fully secure and you can see what I am doing at all times. If you wish please accept my remote support offer and let me know your time zone and the time period you prefer for remote support. Then I can send you the details to connect.

Regards
Jins