Gary Jensen
Gary Jensen,
Experience:  Functional Systems Administrator at Hill Air Force Base, OO-ALC/309SMXG
13452844

I currently have Photoshop CS6 on a six year old desktop

Customer Question

I currently have Photoshop CS6 on a six year old desktop which I am replacing with a new Lenovo Ideacenter 700 desktop. I have the original Photoshop CS6 DVD with its serial number. As I am a serious amateur but not even a semi-pro photographer, what do I need to do to transfer my copy of CS6 on my new desktop? (This is probably the sixth version of Photoshop I have purchased over the years in addition to several versions of Lightroom). I have absolutely no interest in the current CC versions of Photoshop and your other programs.
Please advise.
Elliott Novak
Category: Software
Expert:  Gary Jensen replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I need to get a little more information: What is the operating system CS6 is currently running on and what is the operating system of the new Lenovo Ideacenter 700 desktop? Also, how many computers do you currently have CS6 intalled on?

Please let me know and we will proceed from this point.

Thanks,

Gary

This is Gary from JustAnswer. I haven't gotten a response yet, so I thought I would go ahead and get you more information. The most important thing is that you deactivate the software on your old computer. This will free the license up to be used on your new computer. I am including a link that gives directions on exactly what you wish to do; move CS6 from one computer to another:

http://prodesigntools.com/move-adobe-cs5-between-computers-or-windows-to-mac.html

Please let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

Gary