Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft Onedrive, BOX.com, are all

Customer Question

Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft Onedrive, BOX.com, are all forms of some type of Cloud storage. I am currently using Box.com and have downloaded the App to a few Macs.
I noticed if a clean up one Mac, ie delete several files, those files disappear in Box.com.
This did not happen for Cloud storage such as Dropbox and Google Drive if I am correct.
I like Box.com configuration and security features but I should have the ability to delete files on one Device and the files remain on the Cloud.- Any suggestions for Box.com ?
Thanks.
Category: Software
Expert:  Tim replied 10 months ago.

Hi there, I'm Tim and will be assisting you today. I have over 15 Years as an Engineer and have been with eBay, DoD and many others. I will do my very best to help you. If you like i can offer remote access and a call.

Expert:  Tim replied 10 months ago.

Its likely a setting in box.com, it too is cloud storage as you know, have you gone through the settings and looked for an option to keep items.?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I understand you were not able to help with this question but let me ask another question.

Does your area of expertise involve developing Apps?

Expert:  Tim replied 10 months ago.

Nope, I'm not a developer, I'm a network and systems engineer. Sorry.

Expert:  Tim replied 10 months ago.

I still think you should review your box.com settings, they appear to have different types of sync settings etc, which is probably what you are after.