Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I have an iMac that I recently upgraded to El Capitan. I

Customer Question

I have an iMac that I recently upgraded to El Capitan. I doubt that I have found all the foul-ups this has caused, but the most important one is that I no longer have access to my WD "My Passport" backup external hard drive that I use for Time Machine back up. I can't access Time Machine and can't figure out how to re-install it.
I AM NOT a computer expert and do not understand a lot of the "computer speak" I see used on various websites. I just found an article titled "Clean Install of El Capitan" - I don't know if I had a "clean install" since I just followed the instructions on the screen for the upgrade! I have to say I'm sorry I did the upgrade.
Donna
Texas
Category: Software
Expert:  Jess M. replied 10 months ago.

Hi Donna,

Thank you for your question. My name is Jess and I am glad to assist you today.

I do not recommend that you do a clean install since it will wipe out all your data and begin from a clean slate.

Regarding your external drive, is it still detected by your system but not by Time machine?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Jess - I'm sorry - I have decided to cancel this exchange. I don't want a monthly subscription to anything and I have asked PayPal to cancel the payment.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 10 months ago.

Hi Donna,

Thank you for writing back and I'm sorry for the confusion. I can confirm that you have not subscribed to our service so you shall not be billed monthly and this is a one time transaction only.

Do you still wish to cancel this question?

Please let me know so that I can assist you further.

Best regards,

Jess

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Please cancel the transaction/question.
PayPal tells me that the seller needs to go to the Transaction Detail page and click on “Issue a Refund” for transaction number 30250886. Thank you, Donna
Expert:  Jess M. replied 10 months ago.

OK. And you can also request a refund on our site.

Thank you for using our service.

Best regards,

Jess