Russell H., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Proud to have been getting computer technicalities into working order since 1988.
13568747

I cannot download a Thematic Mapping Engine to our Google

Customer Question

I cannot download a Thematic Mapping Engine to our Google Earth website for our world regional geog. class. A box comes up during the download(I have used Google Chrome and Firefox and get the same result), that states, engine failed. Please advise. Thanks.
Dr. Jack Kinworthy
Professor of Geography and Earth Sciences.
Category: Software
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That error message relates fairly obviously to some bug or error or configuration failure in the engine (that is, the supporting running program(s)) for the Google Earth display and/or the TME.

Has TME downloading worked for you before this?

If not, then you have some mismatch perhaps in TME installed program(s) - e.g., you may have a wrong version of DLL or a wrong version of plug-in or Add-On in the browser(s).

Does the error message come from the browser you are doing the download in?

I suggest one thing that sounds like a nothing, but may help: when downloading it, if you are doing the downloading in a browser, select to download to a file! on your hard disk. E.g. Save As rather than Run (if you were using Internet Explorer browser, it allows that choice.)

I say this because, if you are opening the TME in your browser, that may be where you are having the problem. You should use to browser to save the TME to a file, save it to hard disk, then open that file with Google Earth to display the nice statistical georgraphical graphing that TME is capable of.