Joe-S
Joe-S, Systems Specialist
Experience:  Systems Administrator at Fortune 50 Company
68269981

I have software upgrade software 5.0. Over the past years I

Customer Question

I have software upgrade software for Photoshop 5.0. Over the past years I have lost my original software and because of disk failures I have lost all my prior installations, which prove that I am a prior owner. How do I prove ownership?
Category: Software
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com

.

How was the Original Purchase made? The purchase that was for a FULL VERSION of Photoshop.

Was it done online, and downloaded? Did you make the purchase online, through an retailer, and then you were sent a disc in the mail? Or did you go to store, and purchase the disc?

.

The best thing would if you had made the purchase online....you would have a confirmation email about the purchase. And might be able to convince Adobe to give you a new product key.

.

But if you bought it from a store....all you would have is a paper trail in the form of a paper receipt, and if you lost it, and you lost the product keys, AND you lost the install discs......then you have lost all traces that the purchase of a FULL VERSION of photoshop was ever even made. Especially if you paid in cash.

.

Unless and However, you REGISTERED your FULL VERSION photoshop purchase, on the Adobe Website, then you might have a chance at retrieving the original product keys.

With the product keys, you can download a full version online, and then just activate photoshop with a product key.

Expert:  Joe-S replied 1 year ago.

Hi Hubert,

Photoshop 5 is quite old so obtaining a newer version might be the best way to go. There may also be the possibility of finding a key for a prior version that someone is offering for sale. Often people will sell their old licenses after they upgrade. If you would like to pursue this option, reply back and I can offer you a few leads.

--Joe