Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  12+ years experience. Expert in installing and problem fixing of softwares.
50064670

When I got my Win 8.1 computer a few months ago, I

Customer Question

When I got my Win 8.1 computer a few months ago, I mistakenly called the main user "Test" rather than my name. I only realized it recently. Will there be any problem if I just change the folder within the Users folder?
Thank You.
Category: Software
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I will try my best to help you

Just to clarify are you trying to change the names inside the test user folder like My documents,My pictures etc or do you want to create new folders in it?

Could you please explain.

Sincerely,

Note: - Please reply using the box below.

Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 10 months ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Yes you can change the user folder name in the Users folder. But you should make some changes on Registry also. Please check this article and follow the instructions.

Regards
Jins

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm sorry but I don't find that article helpful. Could you please pass on this for another expert to help me? Thanks
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 9 months ago.

Can I remote onto your Machine and have a look at your problem? It’s fully secure and you can see what I am doing at all times. If you wish please accept my remote support offer and let me know your time zone and the time period you prefer for remote support. Then I can send you the details to connect.

Regards
Jins