Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Install, Update, troubleshoot and remove all types of software
63493917

M ******. (Give me a minute and I will type it out ok?

Customer Question

Customer: M ******. (Give me a minute and I will type it out ok?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have been going crazy trying to get answers from Business Catalyst “customer service” people and I am going around and round. Here's thew deal: I designed websites in Adobe Muse. I have designed a client site and right now he is using one of my free five sites. He wants to pay Bus. Cat for hosting service. How can I simple move his completed site off of my free site (since I am a graphic artist, I get this with my subsciption) to a free-standing hosted site by Business catalyst? If you need more info I have several maddening exchanges I can forward to you.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Software Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure. You might want to throw into my question that the “customer service” reps seem to be saying that I have to have a client have a subsciption also to the tune of 54.00 a month, along with his hosting fee!!!
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Software
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com

.

I would love to help you in this matter, as i used to work for a Web and Domain Hosting company, which also offered free website creation, and maintenance.

.

However, i think i need some more information first....or to better understand your question.

.

What i understand this far, isn't much.

.

You want to move a site that you have given/offered for FREE (to a client of YOURS, but was actually hosted on Business Catalyst on YOUR account).......and move the site to a different account on business catalyst, but you dont want to charge YOUR client the FEE's? This is where im confused

.

Why cant you just open a new account (using all your Client credentials and CC number, and name, and personal info) FOR YOUR CLIENT, and then upload the site contents to the NEW account. You don't have to MOVE the site...if you have all the site files that you created in Adobe Muse.....Right? Then turn over all the necessary information to the Bus Cat login.....and done.

.

Unless im missing something?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for getting back to me. I have been going back-and-forth with their customer service literally since November. I am not sure how much they understand my questions at all and in between that and the broken English it's incredibly frustrating. Anyway the way that Muse works (and forgive me if you know this), is since I have a monthly subscription to Adobe.com in access to all their software, I get five free fully functional sites. I also get 100 beta sites. In the meantime I designed a site for a client who because he's a normal guy, not a graphic artist, does not have Muse. I put his site temporarily on one of my five free fully functional sites. All I had wanted to know (one of 2 questions that are related) was: how to move that into his own paid hosting? In the meantime, and going over these convoluted responses from customer service, I finally think I figured how to do it. (and how I figured out how to do it unfortunately does not match any of the responses sent me, But that's another story.) So my remaining question is this–if I throw up a site this is a temporary, beta site, how can that site (with its unique domain name) be transferred from my beta site to stand alone real site?

I understand.

.

So...who manages the DNS? Do you have to put in a request to have a DNS record changed? Or are you able to make DNS record changes?

You need to change the DNS record for the DOMAIN NAME, to point to the NEW location for the Website files on the New Hosting Company Servers.....RIGHT?

.

The Domain name itself, was already purchased (normally for a year) and is currently pointing to YOUR FREE Beta Site Server....where the Webiste files are living.

.

So....first thing is to MOVE or COPY or HOWEVER you get the website files OVER to the NEW hosting company Servers. Then Change the Domain Name Record to POINT to the NEW hosting Servers. Sometimes can take a bit of time to populate across the internet...so wait 24 hours before taking DOWN or erasing the OLD website files off the OLD server (YOUR Beta Server)

.

Make Sense?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Really quick, I got two texts (???) on my phone and not email which I then have to carefully retype to see your answer. I saw this one above but a second response at 1:45 pm I CAN'T PULL UP THE URL no matter what I type: http://my.justanswer.com/s/IKoLw# (Is that a capital I or a lower case L?)
-------
Anyway I actually did that, the client has his unique domain name (and it's all on my free site). The issue was knowing the unique, proprietary way that the User Interface works at Adobe Muse, not generic website stuff you have above. I think I found the answer anyway, sigh. Thanks for trying tho.