Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

WAITED TOO - WITHDRAW QUESTION.

Open

Customer Question

WAITED TOO LONG FOR RESPONSE - WITHDRAW QUESTION.

Open to all computer experts:

My Hp Office Jet 6000 printer is suddenly not printing properly - and I'm suspicious that it's either a Microsoft Office issue (there's an error message), or if it's perhaps related to some kind of Windows 10 update. Up till now, it's been working fine with Windows 10, so I'm not sure if it's a Windows 10 issue....

The Office message reads: Microsoft Office Outlook: A data file did not close properly the last time it was used and is being checked for problems. Performance might be affected while the check is in progress.

The printer was printing in blue ink only, and the black text was very faint (can barely be seen).

I followed the Window's update instructions on Hp's site- and uninstalled/reinstalled the printer device, but it's been installing (spinning Hp disc) for an hour), so suspect something's wrong. The device does appear in my devices list (with a red check mark next to it).

Now, when I attempt to print, the page is completely blank. The printing test failed, and the troubleshooting was unable to identify a problem. What do you think is causing my printer issue; Is this related to Office, or is it more likely to be a Windows 10 problem? What (if anything) am I doing wrong with the printer reinstallation?

(I also rebooted both the printer and the computer).

Category: Software
Expert:  CosmoStylist replied 10 months ago.

Hi there, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you today. It sounds like an update problem with the error.

Please check your cartridge for the black ink, it sounds like it's running low or is a little clogged. If it's clogged you can run your HP Utility to clean the cartridges and this might clear up that problem.

The disk spinning for an hour sounds like you've been at this for a while and might be hot or stuck. I would like you to take your disc out wait for 1 minute and put it back in and try to run it from there.

Please let me know if this helped and we might need to troubleshoot some more.

Double check installation instructions.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Question was withdrawn.