Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I have recently been notified during game play by an error

Customer Question

I have recently been notified during game play by an error message and then signed out of ps and a loss even though I may be winning.
I have had a serious problem with opponents, I assume they can control the pressure sensitive kickoff, punts, extra points and field goal attempted by me by a cheating/jamming method. By that I mean, I attempt to kickoff and the gauge will maybe go a 1/4 of the way resulting in a bad kickoff. Then, while I attempt an extra point or field goal again, it appears to be manipulated and it results in a failed attempts.
My players at times appear to be jammed, with results that their progress is impeded and slowed down. My opponents don't appear to experience the same results they move with great speed.
I have referred that the results are relative to my opponents having a cheating/jamming method, simply because it does not happen with most players. Normal play is usually the case however, on heavy use days such as the weekends, Monday and Tuesday the occurrance is prevalent.
Please advise
Category: Software
Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

To start with, let me say that Ive been playing multiplayer games online, since the early 90's. Ive read over your excellent description of the issue and I believe I can help to at least minimize the occuence of these issues.

Before we go into any steps you can take, I first need to know.

Whats the name brand and model of the game system you are playing on?

Also, do you have a windows pc present in case we need to do any testing on your connection?

Thank you in advance for your response,

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
playstation 3 yes
Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.

Thank you.

lets try this from your PC first.. This is just so I can get a base line of your network conditions before we discuss the playstation.

So from a PC lets go to this page first. http://www.pingtest.net/

Attached to the picture of the globe, click begin test.. It should be in green. take note that there are tons of advertisments on that page, we want to click the small green box for begin test thats touching the top of the globe / circle.. Then..let me know the results of your ping test.

next, run the speed test at this site and let me know the results.

https://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
we have ping 100 ms and jitter 1 ms
Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.

Ok.. can you try the ping test a few times to see if your ping stays solid at 100 ms

Also, who is your internet service provider, and if you can please locate the full name brand and model of your cable / dsl / fios modem.

And if you have a seperate wireless router, i need to know the name brand and model of that as well.. Thank you~

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
download speed is 3.56 and upload speed is 0.76
Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.