Tim
Tim, Sr. Engineer
Experience:  Sr. Systems and Network Engineer
75378780

I bought Lightroom 5 a few years ago and just loaded it into

Customer Question

I bought Lightroom 5 a few years ago and just loaded it into my mac. I thought I was buying the program but what I received was an UPGRADE! It does say upgrade on the package cover but I asked for the program and thought it included an upgrade. I assumed I was paying for a student version of the program. I just took a photo class in lightroom and I would like to make use of what I thought I had purchased
.
Category: Software
Expert:  Tim replied 10 months ago.

Hi there, I'm Tim and will be assisting you today. I have over 15 Years as an Engineer and have been with eBay, DoD and many others. I will do my very best to help you. If you like i can offer a phone call or remote session to make things quicker and easier.

Expert:  Tim replied 10 months ago.

Bernice, simply contact whom ever you bought it from and let them know you bought the wrong version, they will let you swap the upgrade for the full version, but of course they will charge the difference.

Make sense?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I don't remember where I bought it or from whom.
Expert:  Tim replied 10 months ago.

I see. That's going to be a problem then. There is no way to make that work as a full version, obviously. The only other route would be to try and find the full version online.

Expert:  Tim replied 10 months ago.

I don't and Can't condone downloading software thaty might be pirated, but that would be the only other way short of purchasing the full version.

Expert:  Tim replied 10 months ago.

If you used a Creditcard, you could check your statement and see where you bought it/

Expert:  Tim replied 10 months ago.

Does that make sense?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I think I might have bought it on line from adobe. Is there any way for you to check that for me? How much does a new LR 5 cost and where do I buy it on the internet? Or do I buy it at a store?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
are you still there?
Expert:  Tim replied 10 months ago.

Yes, imn checking for you

Expert:  Tim replied 10 months ago.

aww, so they only offer it in their cloud service now....its 9.99 a month. No full versions for download.

Expert:  Tim replied 10 months ago.

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-lightroom.html

Expert:  Tim replied 10 months ago.

i forgot that they switched over, in fact that upgrade would have ended up not working.

Expert:  Tim replied 10 months ago.

10 bucks a month, Lets you work from anywhere.

Expert:  Tim replied 10 months ago.

Seeing ig there is still a working version of the full thin

Expert:  Tim replied 10 months ago.

nope, just the cloud service now.

Expert:  Tim replied 10 months ago.

Cut your losses on that upgrade, do the 9.99 thing and go forth

Expert:  Tim replied 10 months ago.

Sound good?

Expert:  Tim replied 10 months ago.

Please let me know if you have further questions. I think this is by far your best bet.

Expert:  Tim replied 10 months ago.

Please do take the time to rate my service, as this is my lively hood, and i would like to be compensated for my time. Thank you.