Tim
Tim, Sr. Engineer
Experience:  Sr. Systems and Network Engineer
75378780

I bought Lightroom 5 a few years ago and just loaded it into

Customer Question

I bought Lightroom 5 a few years ago and just loaded it into my mac. I thought I was buying the program but what I received was an UPGRADE! It does say upgrade on the package cover but I asked for the program and thought it included an upgrade. I assumed I was paying for a student version of the program. I just took a photo class in lightroom and I would like to make use of what I thought I had purchased
.
Category: Software
Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, I'm Tim and will be assisting you today. I have over 15 Years as an Engineer and have been with eBay, DoD and many others. I will do my very best to help you. If you like i can offer a phone call or remote session to make things quicker and easier.

Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Bernice, simply contact whom ever you bought it from and let them know you bought the wrong version, they will let you swap the upgrade for the full version, but of course they will charge the difference.

Make sense?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't remember where I bought it or from whom.
Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

I see. That's going to be a problem then. There is no way to make that work as a full version, obviously. The only other route would be to try and find the full version online.

Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

I don't and Can't condone downloading software thaty might be pirated, but that would be the only other way short of purchasing the full version.

Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

If you used a Creditcard, you could check your statement and see where you bought it/

Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Does that make sense?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think I might have bought it on line from adobe. Is there any way for you to check that for me? How much does a new LR 5 cost and where do I buy it on the internet? Or do I buy it at a store?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you still there?
Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Yes, imn checking for you

Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

aww, so they only offer it in their cloud service now....its 9.99 a month. No full versions for download.

Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-lightroom.html

Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

i forgot that they switched over, in fact that upgrade would have ended up not working.

Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

10 bucks a month, Lets you work from anywhere.

Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Seeing ig there is still a working version of the full thin

Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

nope, just the cloud service now.

Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Cut your losses on that upgrade, do the 9.99 thing and go forth

Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Sound good?

Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have further questions. I think this is by far your best bet.

Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Please do take the time to rate my service, as this is my lively hood, and i would like to be compensated for my time. Thank you.