Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Computers, Mobile devices and Networks
32989067

I am using windows 10 and I have what looks like an inverted

Customer Question

I am using windows 10 and I have what looks like an inverted L on my desktop and it appears on all my applications when I open them
Category: Software
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Are you able to take a photo of this and attach it to this question?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I ran reimage software in safe mode and now it has disappeared so, the problem has been resolved. Thanks
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

ok, it appears to have been corruption then as the inverted L is not standed in windows.

you can also do a repair instead in the future to avoid re-imaging, to do that you press the windows key + X and click on command prompt (admin)

A black window will open.

Type in it

sfc /scannow

press enter and when it has completed, type in

chkdsk /r

Press enter.

It will give a message "the type of the file system is NTFS cannot lock current drive.

chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts y/n" Say Y, press enter and restart the computer.

Please note, while this normally only takes 10 minutes to run, it can take at times number of hours if windows encounters many issues. If this is occurring it is critical to let this complete as it means you have corruption on the hard drive that it needs to fix. Even if it looks like the scan is not progressing, it is, please just let it run to completion. Windows will then start when it has.

Then the repair would be done, and avoids the re-image.

I marked this question to never close so If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Also since the problem has been resolved is there still a charge?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No, that won't be necessary since it seems the problem has resolved itself. Will my credit card be billed anyway?
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

You already made the deposit to ask the question., which I replied to and wait for a response, directly after as I assumed you wanted to work with someone on this.

Its a refundable deposit, so if you want it back you go here. But I ask in the future please, to let us know if your going to work on it yourself so the expert is not awaiting a reply.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund

thanks

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am sorry. I will keep that in mind the next time. Thanks for your time and your response
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

ok