Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

What to do when the bitlocker key number on win10 pro

Customer Question

what to do when the bitlocker key number on win10 pro doesn't work.
can i send this piece of shit in for repairs.
Category: Software
Expert:  Jason Carlamere replied 1 year ago.

Hello - My name is ***** ***** I will try to help you. Unfortunately there are not any options that you have if you do not have your key. Are you willing to factory reset your computer ? Follow this link on instructions from microsoft on how to reset your surface. https://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/support/warranty-service-and-recovery/restore-or-reset-surface?os=windows-10

Hello - I hope all is well. Were you able to factory reset your computer to resolve your issue ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I HAD no restore point. so I just kept punching buttons until something happened.
I touched cloud in the advanced settings, and that worked, although I don't know why. I also set a restore point when I got this win 10 'pos' back up and running. thanks for the suggestion, but I tried to reset the computer, and either w/ or w/o my files being saved that didn't work. perhaps because this is "win 10 pro"? hate this OS, but.....
anyway, thanks for the life line, but i'm fine now.