Chris Baxter
Chris Baxter, Programmer
Experience:  Java, iOS, VB.net, SQL, C+, C++, Obj C
68869132

Mr.j.g., ihave been sent a blocker from HOME GUARD. I HAV E

Customer Question

Customer: mr.j.g.jones, ihave been sent a blocker from HOME GUARD. I HAV E CONNECTED IT AS INSTRUCTED. IT DOES NOT WORK , IT ONLY BLOCKS MY BROAD Band. i have tried ringing 0800(###) ###-#### ***** iiam told that these numbers are not recognised . why
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: not really. just that it does not work . and i am trying to stop paymants
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Computer Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok!
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Software
Expert:  Chris Baxter replied 11 months ago.

Hello!

I hate to say it but in my research the blocker you describe is a scam associated with what appears to be targeted phishing. In this case, they call many times from different numbers, and send a call blocker hoping you (or someone like you) will download and install. The phone numbers they have range in the same 800 block, so it is likely they bought all the numbers at the same time.

http://crimejail.com/scam-alert-homeguard-direct-ltd-0***-***-****/

my best recommendation here, though it is a big pain, is to change the card number, and tell the bank about the fraudulent nature of the transaction (or company trying to make it)